I got banned

2 replies
Votes:
Recently I came back to Wolfenstein:ET. It's the game I always loved & since people still play it, I decided to give it another go. I came on the server for the first time in a couple of years & after two days I got banned for aimbotting. I think it's kind of weird to ban a player for aimbotting when he's shooting a lot of headshots on bots that are running in a straight line, it's just aiming at one point.

Is there something you can do for me or that I can do to proof I'm not cheating?
I hope I can get an answer from you guys,

Emporio
Posted Aug 24, 18 · OP
Votes:
+12
LEVEL 1
Hello,

What's your in game name, and when did you exactly get banned? Can you provide screenshot of the ban info?

The last 25 bans are from 28/4/18 and last is from 19/8/18, and are most of them to the same 2-3 cheaters multiple times. So if you tell me when and what's the main reason we can check if you are getting a ban message because you don't have GUID.

You can meanwhile check if you have guid or not, open ET and in the console (` or ยบ key depending on your keyboard) and type /cl_guid, if you get 'unkown' or 'no guid', visit www.etkey.org and follow the instructions to get an etkey and new GUID, and try again connecting.
Posted Aug 24, 18
Votes:
Hi,

thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case) I can't make a screenshot of the message it gave me, since I seem to be uitbannend. When I tried connecting the 1st time today it kicked me with the message: "Banned for cheating, aimbotter. Try again in 43894839483949 seconds". It's not the EXACT same message, but it clearly said that I was banned for aimbotting and that I should try connecting again in x-amount of secondes, with the number being super high. So after a while I decided to try and see again if I was still banned and as it turnde out, I wasn't banned anymore. My xp did reset, but I didn't get kicked anymore. Next time I'm on the pc, I'll make a screenshot of my guide so you can see whether there is a problem with it or not.

Emporio
Posted Aug 24, 18 · OP
Top Posters
54 Posts
46 Posts
34 Posts
23 Posts
15 Posts
12 Posts
11 Posts
11 Posts
8 Posts